
Last week while looking for something to do with the kids while Mommy was at work, I decided to take the kids fishing in a neighborhood pond. I have fished there before, and had always had good luck, so I figured that the kids would enjoy it.
When we got there, we noticed that the grass around the edge of the pond had been taken over by an army of geese. There was so much goose crap, that you could not move without stepping in it. I did not realize that a goose could poop so much (in one session). It was like trying to navigate through an obstacle field filled with green hotdog sized goose turds. Oh well, at least the fishing was good.
H and J are fascinated by "wormies" and had named all 12 night crawlers before I could get one on the hook. After catching a few fish and taking a few photos, we left for home. Both H and J caught the biggest Bluegill I had ever seen. When I got home, I checked the state record and I think that the kids' fish were bigger. Unfortunatly, we released the fish back in the pond. Oh well, it was still fun...
2 comments:
Tell me she's not REALLY kissing that fish!!! That is one big blue gill they caught. I am sure they had a great time. Was this is Nick's (Is that his name?)neighborhood? That place is packed with fish!
OH GROSS---she isn't kissing it is she????? ugh! OK, time to bleach the lips. Really Ryan, I can't take a fish off the hook, so fishing NEVER happens here!
Post a Comment