Cars are great....when they run properly. And when they don't, they become a major hassle!
So I'm driving along yesterday, minding my own business, when the "check engine" light comes on the dashboard. Hmm.... Note to self: Tell Hubby about this tonight.... We arrived safely home a few minutes later and I went back out into the garage to get something when I noticed the front passenger tire was extremely flat. Hmm.... Note to self: Tell Hubby about this tonight....
So after dinner, I tell Hubby about the light and the tire and he says he'll fill up the flat tire with air so I can wobble to Les Schwab in the morning and then get the car to the shop for diagnostic testing. Fabulous...
The next morning I load the kids in the car and turn the key.... Nothing.... Uh oh.... I try again. Nothing... Bigger uh oh...
I then notice that the headlights had been turned on manually last night, therefore, the battery was probably dead. Note to self: Hurt Hubby tonight...
I, ever so calmly, start canvasing the neighborhood looking for jumper cables. I finally find some and call my daddy whining, "Your baby girl needs help jumping her car." Luckily, he was in the area and came over to jump the car.
Meanwhile, I call the dealership to ask if it costs anything to hook up their computer and "diagnose" the "check engine" light. Oh yes, $95! Yikes! And you need an appointment and let's see....their next opening is the end of next week!
Okay, so forget that, let's just go get the tire patched. At least that's free.... I get to Les Schwab and the guy comes back and says the tire is too far gone to repair. Oh yeah, and my alignment is so far off that it has ruined the other three tires, too. So I'll need to buy four new tires right now. Oh, and to get the alignment fixed, I'll need to make another appointment. Note to self: Try not to cry at Les Schwab...
After buying four new tires, I decided to forget the alignment and forget the "check engine" light and go home and eat a piece of chocolate....
Saturday, June 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You're right....chocolate does make eveything better!
Tell me this doesn't mean you're not coming next week!!!
:) Hate car troubles. Why is that all things bad happen in threes? flat tire, check engine, alignment??? Truly. Hope this week is so much better!
Tarah
Post a Comment