Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Breakfast of Champions

Last night we had some friends over for pie, coffee, and good conversation.

This morning the kids woke up nice and early, so I told them to go entertain themselves while mommy rested a bit long. Bad idea....

I came out and they looked innocent enough, although H had a mischevious smile on her face. I went into the kitchen to clean up last nights dishes and I noticed a wad of saran wrap on the floor and a trail of crumbs. Uh oh...

Apparently, they had helped themselves to breakfast....last night's leftover pie! I had made an Oreo pie which was very rich and there was almost half a pie leftover.

They had opened the frig, climbed on a stool, and pulled down the half-full glass pie plate and served themselves....the ENTIRE rest of the pie! I think they ate it out of the pie plate because I didn't find any other dishes. I asked them where they ate it and they said H's room and "we kind of made a mess but we cleaned it up." I went into H's room where they had used her toybox for a dinner table and black Oreo crumbs were everywhere. Then I went into their bathroom where I found the towel they used to "clean it up." The entire towel was sopping wet and dripping down the counter and cabinets.

Good grief, now I've got a mess to clean up and two kids with tummy aches! What a way to start the day!

2 comments:

Elena said...

Sounds like an energy builder to me! :) Sign me up!

Tarah said...

:) You know you were wanting it for breakfast too!