Thursday, June 7, 2007

The WalMart Experience

Why do I insist on going to WalMart? Are their "everyday low prices" really worth the trauma? I think not....

Is it just me or does anyone else get weird checkers....oh, I mean, Customer Service Associates? I have a huge load of groceries that are slowly melting as my CSA is chatting with the lady in front of me. Apparently, this girl cannot talk and scan simultaneously. I know, it's an art....

I finally get up there and this girl wants to chat with me. But I don't want to chat. I just want her to scan my groceries and leave. She is also stopping to comment on just about everything in my cart. She pulls forward a bag of individual Mickey Mouse shaped cheeses that I got for the kids. She squeals and hugs the bag to her chest, "Are these not just the cutest things ever!?!" Good grief....just scan them!!!

Next she freezes as she strains to listen to the overhead announcements. "Did they say it was someone's birthday?" she asks me. "I think they said it was someone's birthday. I wonder who.... If we wait, maybe they'll repeat it." I'm not kidding! And this whole time, she has not scanned one item! And there is a line behind me....

I have a hard time finding the line between being patient/smiling and being rude/swearing at her. Where is that line?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to WalMart tonight after reading this, and just busted up laughing righti n the line for no apparent reason to anyone but myself.

Anonymous said...

Honestly.....this must be a problem at EVERY WalMart in America! It's maddening! Stop commenting on my purchases and just SCAN!!!!

Unknown said...

I think we need to all see how long we can go without shopping at Wal-mart. The winner can get a weeks stay at a town that doesn't have a Wal-mart.