Hubby and I decided to team-teach this summer every other Sunday. I haven't taught childrens Sunday School in quite awhile. I forgot how funny kids can be...
I was teaching the 4-5 year olds yesterday. We're learning about Joseph and his colorful coat and how God was with Joseph wherever he went, and God is with us wherever we go. After I finished reading the story, I asked the questions, "Where are some places that you go? And does God follow you there?" Simple enough questions I thought....
The first kid raises their hand and replies, "California!" Okay, good answer. Then he continues, "One time, we were going to California and my dad hit a deer on the road and it died!" All the kids ooohed and aaahed over his gruesome tale. Okay, let's try to focus now.... The next child stands up and announces, "I have to poop and I don't know how to wipe." Lovely....
Well, luckily we all finished our stories, snacks, crafts, and pooping. Then it was time to go. I was relieved to see parents start to show up. Then I went home and took a nap! Good thing I have two weeks to recover before teaching again! :)
Monday, June 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment