Friday, June 15, 2007

Trip to Eastern Idaho

The kids and I tagged along with Daddy on his latest business trip to Idaho Falls. I have two girlfriends from college that live there and I hadn't been over there in years. We had a blast! The kids were, of course, impressed with the hotel swimming pool and mini travel soaps and lotions.

My friends, Elena and Jennie, and I spent two days together, reminiscing and chasing our eight children under eight years old! Yikes! We were outnumbered in a big way...

We went to the park for a picnic lunch and then Jennie hosted a BBQ at her house. She had borrowed a big inflatable jump castle from her parents. The kids went nuts in there! They jumped and jumped and jumped. It was nice because then the adults could sit and talk.

The next day we went to the zoo and out for ice cream at Reeds Dairy. Yummy! It was rich and creamy, just the way ice cream should be... That evening we went to Blast Off which is kind of like a "Chuck-E-Cheese" but better! It had a mini kid grocery store, dress up boxes with costumes, slides, ball pits, etc. The funny part was that our eight kids had the place to themselves the whole time! No one else was there. I don't know why... I thought that place was totally awesome and only $3! What a deal! :)

We finally made the trek home today and the kids are tired and cranky. They keep asking when we can go back to IF. So, I think we might have to go one more time this summer.

3 comments:

Elena said...

Hey, I'm not going to stop you!! Thanks for coming we had a blast.

Tarah said...

:) We missed you. I accidently slipped about Jacob and Hannah at a hotel. TEARS, TEARS, Tears!!!!
Glad you are home!
T

Anonymous said...

Woo-Hoo! You got your pictures to work. Way to go!