

This morning our neighborhood had its annual Fourth of July parade. All the kids were either riding on bikes, in strollers, or scooters. The parents walked or rode along side. The kids had decorated their bikes and strollers with streamers, balloons, and flags.
Our kids had a blast. J rode his bike. Daddy and H rode on our little Honda Cub motorbike, and I followed, dutifully pushing a stroller filled with water and cameras. It was super hot, but the kids didn't seem to mind. We rode up and down the streets together and waved to other neighbors who were on the sidewalk or peering out their windows.
Tonight we will set off our own little family fireworks in the backyard. And with any luck, we won't start any fires! :)
3 comments:
That is such a fun little tradition! Good for you for making the 4th fun in Boise. They don't do a whole lot there. Hope you are surviving the heat wave. Glad I'm here. :) (Actually it's pretty hot here too.)
YEA!!!! I love old fashion bike parades. Maybe we will join you next year. Sorry you couldn't make it over here tired girl. The margaritas were fabuloso!!
I NEED an update!! :)
Post a Comment