Sunday, July 6, 2008

Minor Bumps in the Vacation....

We were finally on the road, headed out for our 5 hour-ish trip into the mountains... But then I glanced back and noticed these........... BARE FEET!

Me: "Uh, J? Where are your shoes?"
J: "I don't know."
Me: "Did you bring any?"
J: "Um, nope."
Me: "U-turn! Back to the house. Let's try this again...."



Our poor old minivan couldn't handle the long road trip, uphill both ways, in the hot summer weather. It pooped out and needed to cool off for awhile....

Here is the second time we had to pull over and wait. The kids were not quite as content this time as last. It was darn hot and the A/C in the van decided to blow hot air. :(

Regardless of the bumps that tested our patience, we were wonderfully blessed with this opportunity....

2 comments:

Lee Ann said...

What's vacation without some "bumps"? Glad you had a good time!

Elena said...

LOL! I loved the encoded thoughts going through you head. That's the pits that you A/C pooped out. Hope it doesn't cost a million $$ to fix.