Saturday, July 26, 2008

Crawdads!

Daddy took the kids down to a pond where they threw in a crawdad cage and patiently waited until the next morning. And low and behold! Crawdads! Let's bring them home in a bucket and cook them up!
Oh yes! The cooking adventure begins! Notice the latex gloves.... just in case!


Alive and active....


Into the boiling water and seasonings....


H was half-fascinated and half-disgusted...


Steaming hot and ready to eat!


Oh, he was pleased to be cooking up and eating what he caught!


H still didn't want to get too close!


Time to find the meat inside!


Taste test..... The verdict.... It's yummy! :)


And with Daddy's special lemon-butter sauce for dipping, they are all gone... :)

6 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Too fun! I'm with H though. I'll eat them if I have to, but I hat the cooking part!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! I'm half appalled and half proud of your kids cooking and eating them.

Tarah said...

We have crawdads???? REally????
How do you eat them?

How are you??? Gym next week?

Anonymous said...

That is totally disgusting! Crawdads????? People eat them????? People touch them???? People take pictures of them and put them on their family website???? I'm guessing you didn't have anything to do with them. You know, I don't think I've ever even seen a crawdad, nor do I need to. H had the right idea.

Love,
Auntie Di

Elena said...

I need an update! :)

Pops said...

He has more courage than I have.....I've thought about it but it didn't happen...way to go Jacob!