Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Idaho Living....

The first 13 years of my life, I grew up in California. Life is very different there compared to Idaho.

Example at a California gas station: My dad stops to fill up. While I'm waiting, he comes back to the car and surprises me with a soda or piece of candy.

Fast forward 20 years....

Example at an Idaho gas station: My husband stops to fill up. While I'm waiting, he comes back to the car and surprises me with a container of live worms because..... "they were on sale."

Now how sweet is that? I've never seen live worms go "on sale" in California..... :)

Now he had no intentions of using those worms that day as we were on our way to a family picnic. So the best part was when my sweetheart said, "Here you go, honey. Will you please put these worms in the cooler? Just squeeze them in between the Capri Suns and the soda, so they stay cool, ok?"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man......do I ever love living in Idaho too! My favorite is that in California, on the front page of the newspaper is always a story of a murder, assault, etc. In Idaho.....the front page shows a photo of someone who grew the states largest pumpkin!!! You gotta love living here!! :)

Lee Ann said...

Oh man that's funny! I so miss Idaho living! Seriously I do!

Lee Ann said...

BTW...you're in Idaho now. Isn't it pop?

Anonymous said...

Are you talking to me Lee Ann? What does pop mean?

Jennifer Jamison said...

You know, Idahoans say "pop", not "soda".... :)

Elena said...

LOL! Oh that Ryan will never change will he? He cracks me up. I hope your worm flavored soda-pop :) tasted great.