Monday, July 16, 2007

Garage Sale

Well, last week was fairly uneventful. I did finally get rid of the kitchen ants, which was a big success. I don't know what people did back in the days of no ant traps. Yuck! And now I have a very clean house....well, I did last week. I think it's time to tidy up again... :)

Our friends neighborhood hosted a subdivision garage sale last Saturday and they invited us to come and sell our stuff. I gathered up a few garbage bags worth of junk......or as Hubby would call it, "sweet treasures," and we spent the morning with them. We actually sold quite a bit which was really nice. Unfortunately, as I was collecting money from buyers, Hubby was picking it out of my pockets and walking the rest of the neighborhood looking to buy new treasures.

I will admit that he did score a pretty sweet deal on one thing, though. I will post pictures of it soon. It is a battery-operated "Chopper" motorcycle with training wheels! I nearly died laughing when H came around the corner on it, waving to anyone who was watching. It is red, white and blue with an American flag painted on it. It would have been perfect for our Fourth of July parade!

Even though, we don't need it and the kids will outgrow it soon, Hubby says he can easily sell it on Craigs List for more than he paid for it when we're done. Let's hope he's right... :)

1 comment:

Elena said...

I can just see the $$ going in and then straight out of your pocket! :) That's heaven on earth for Ryan.