
I decided spend my morning deep cleaning the house. I noticed my burgundy Chenille blanket laying over the recliner and thought to myself, "Hmm, I don't think I've ever washed that blanket." So, in the washing machine it goes.... Half hour later, I pull it out to dry and I'm greeted with the most burgundy fluff balls I've ever seen in my life! They poofed out of the washing machine when I yanked the blanket out and for the next 30 seconds it was raining burgundy fluff in my laundry room. I have never seen anything like it. At first, I was amazed at the sight falling down around me. Then amazement turned to anger when I saw the mess I was left with. It was on the walls, sink, floor......me. What a freakin mess. I don't have time for this.
I took the blanket outside into the garage and shook it out. So now the garage walls and floor are painted a lovely shade of burgundy.....sorry, honey!
Then I threw it in the dryer and checked on it after 5 minutes. The lint trap was overflowing. I'm surprised the dryer was not on fire. I emptied it and turned it back on. The same thing happened again and again until my beautiful blanket is now see-through.
After I filled up the kitchen-sized garbage bag with lint, I decided to give up and I'm going to throw the whole blanket away.... :(
1 comment:
Oh that is a total bummer! (But it makes great blog material.)
Post a Comment