Thursday, February 21, 2008

Funny Boy

So tonight we are sitting at the dinner table, which I love because it is a great opportunity for the kids to talk about any and everything at length, which in turn, provides great blog material!

Hubby decided we should test the kids knowledge of "911" and when it is and isn't appropriate to use, etc. We had no idea how much, if any, they had learned in school about the emergency system.

So Hubby starts out by asking the kids "What is an emergency?"
J yells "When you get hurt!"
H yells "When the whole earth is on fire!"

Okay, so far, so good.....

Then Hubby says, "Well, J, what if we were hiking in the woods, and Daddy fell down and got hurt really, really, really bad. What would you do?"

J responds confidently, "I'd say 'Dad! Be brave! Get up and keep hiking!'"

Okay, umm, now what???

I say, "So, J, what if we were at home and there was a fire and Mommy couldn't reach the phone. Could you get the phone and call for help?"

J: "Yes. I would call ONE-ZERO-ONE!"

Me: "Uh-oh.... That's not quite right."

J: "Uhhh, is it ONE-ZERO-TWO?"

5 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Oh I'm so jealous of your dinner time. The only conversation we had last night was how bad the broccoli stinks.

Your kids crack me up!

Unknown said...

I can't believe the "Whole world is on fire" answer from Hannah. I laughed so hard!

Anonymous said...

My grandkids are so smart!! I'm sure JJ would have come up with the right number eventually. :)

Elena said...

HA! Remind me not to be with you kids when an emergency occurs. :) Just kidding. Did I tell you that a cop showed up at our house Christmas Eve cause the kiddos dialed 911 here? It was so embarrassing.

Tarah said...

Hey, we call 9 eleven sometimes just for fun. Those ladies are NOT so nice when it is for fun!!!