Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Obituary

Dear Lizzy,

Your time with us was cut much too short. We made you a part of our family and our bond was so strong. We loved you and cared for you as if you’d been with us for years. We even found a companion for you to spend your days with and we thought you’d be around for many years to come….

Oh, Lizzy! Why did you choose to sunbathe on the driveway? We provided plenty of big rocks for you to play and relax on… We thought you knew the rules about not playing in the driveway or on the street. Lizzy, oh sweet stupid Lizzy, you were no match for our minivan’s tires.

May you rest in peace….

The crime weapon

The brutal crime scene


Final resting place


Lizard Heaven

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh sweet, stupid Lizzy. Even tho I only knew you one day, that day is precious to me now. How could I know that a mere 3 days later, you'd meet your Maker. I'll never forget you. Love, Grammie.

Anonymous said...

NASTY!!!! Oh, I can only imagine the trauma. Did you have to clean her up? LOL!!!!! Oh, it's so bad, and funny! LOL!!!

Lee Ann said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! How are the kids taking it? Did they see it happen?

Jennifer Jamison said...

Lenes - Heck no I didn't clean it up! I made Ryan do it b/c that's what boys are for! :)

Roy - The sad part is that the kids don't exactly know why "Lizzy" is "gone".... It happened while they were at school. They think Lizzy "ran away from home".....and she did.....sort of.... :)

Elena said...

So did Lizzy have free rain of the outside or something? Why was she in the driveway? Our rabbits "ran away" once too. (We drove them out to the wild and let them go.) It's better for the kids to think they just left on their own.

Jennifer Jamison said...

Yep....free reign to be the lizard she wanted to be... We felt sorry for her confined to the plastic bug box. So we explained the rules of our family and let her play outside in the grass and by our big rocks in the front... Little did we know she would disobey and venture onto the driveway... :(