Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Yucky winter colds

Poor H has caught a cold virus and she's miserable. Poor little thing is so congested she can hardly breathe. :(

Last night was not fun. I had rubbed mentholatum on her and tried sleeping with her, sitting up in the recliner, but she couldn't get comfortable enough to fall asleep. She ended up propped up on the couch with a humidifier and Vicks vapor fan plug aimed at her.

This morning, I had to smile despite the sheer disaster in the living room. There were pillows, blankets and stuffed animals strewn everywhere! And the entire house smelled so strongly of mentholatum I could barely stand it. The couches and carpet were covered in crumpled used kleenex balls. It was a lovely sight! :)

Now she's laying on the couch watching a movie. Thank goodness for Redbox! Man, I love those things. I found her a movie online, paid for it, and drove down the street and picked it up without having to get her out of the car. Sweet!

She said she's looking forward to having J come home from school because he told her he would make her a "Feel Better" card and "take care of her." Too precious..... I love my kids!!

No comments: