Friday, January 18, 2008

King Luther


I absolutely love sitting down to family dinners. It's a great opportunity for the kids to share about their day with a captive audience. And I get the best stories!! :)

Last night, we were sitting at the dinner table. J said that he had learned about Martin Luther King in school that day. H's eyes got wide and she said, with astonishment, "I learned about King Luther, too!" Hubby and I tried to hide our smiles and stifle our snickers. How cute is that? "King Luther".

I asked J to tell us something he had learned about Mr. King and he said, "Well, someone shot him in the head with a gun.....and he died!"

Just great...... How lovely..... Why, oh why, must boys dwell on blood and guts???

So, that's an example of typical dinner conversation in our home, which now, I'm sure you can understand why I love it so much.... :)

3 comments:

Lee Ann said...

At least you get funny stories. All I get is "I don't like chicken, I don't like potatoes....." It's a nightmare!

Elena said...

Ahhh..it's so great to hear your stories again. Where are those pictures that my eyes weren't decieved with? :)

Tarah said...

King Luther? :) The boys now think that people didn't like rainbow arms since that was my example because I didn't think they were old enough for brown-white talk. Jack and Chandler both think they are brown, just different shades than TT. :)
Miss you all!