This afternoon J and I were sitting in a waiting room for an hour. I was doing my best to keep him busy and content. All of a sudden, he looked across the room, gasped, pointed, and said (loudly, mind you) "Mommy! That man's leg came off!" Uh.... Why yes indeed, there was an amputee sitting over there, reading a magazine, pretending he didn't hear J's proclamation.
Of course, right then the nurse came out and called the man's name. So he hopped up, grabbed his crutches, and walked.....uh, hopped....... right past us. That's when J decided to announce with amazement, "Wow!! He even has arm sticks to help him walk!" :)
Friday, February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
To humble us! That's why we have kids.
aahhh, the innocence of children - atleast the man didn't acknowledge...I probably would've cried...
LOLLL!! Oh, the DO keep us humble don't they? Kate had to point out a lady's behind at the store the other day. "Mom, why hers bum so big?" Argggghhhh....
OMG! That's probably why I was never blessed with children - I do not have enough self-control to keep myself from bursting out laughing at times like that. When you and Jeff were little I would occasionally get "in trouble" for laughing at inappropriate times when you two did things that weren't funny .... for a parent ...but hysterical for an aunt.
Post a Comment