This countdown makes mommy very happy.... :)
The kids met their new teachers today at a "Meet the Teacher" day. J's teacher's name is Mrs. Aguiar (Mrs. A.). She seems very upbeat and confident..... I hope she's ready for a challenge!! She has 30 first graders and no aide!! Yikes....
I was going through the list of J's classmates' names today and noticed that, yet again, there is another "J" in his class. That's what I get for naming him a name so common.... So I told J that he would have to use his last initial on all his paperwork again this year. And he immediately smiled and said, "Yes!! I get to be J.J. again this year!" And, oh, is he proud. It's funny the kind of things kids find cool....
H's teacher's name is Mrs. Stred. We've been practicing pronouncing the name "Stred", but poor H can't seem to get it. She keeps calling her "Mrs. Shredder"! H will be one of 29 kindergarteners! Can you imagine? Now I know why I didn't go into the teaching profession... I can only handle two kids at a time....
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Holy bats! 30 and 29 kids in a classroom. YIKES! Sounds like a new school is needed.
I love Hannah's version of her teacher. HAlle's teacher is Mrs. Ball, but she keeps calling her Mrs. Balls. Uh, yah, we're working on that. :)
Thanks for updating!
Post a Comment