Saturday, March 22, 2008

Anxiously Waiting for Easter Morning!

Per our yearly tradition, the kids are busy "taking care" of two eggs which are "scheduled to hatch" (wink) on Easter morning.

They have already named their pre-hatched chicks "Jake" and "Elizabeth." :)

This morning J announced that he saw his egg move and he thought it was Jake's leg trying to work its way out of his shell early. I reassured him that Jake would not come out until Easter morning.

This afternoon I found H with her play doctor kit, using the stethoscope on her egg. She was very, very, very serious and intent on listening. It wasn't long before she announced, "I heard it! I heard it! I heard Elizabeth pecking in her shell!" :)

Man, I love this tradition with them and realize it won't last much longer before they outgrow the wonder and amazement that is so prominent this year.

So, now we are in the garage, busy at work, making suitable nests for the soon-to-be-born chicks. We have a large clear Tupperware bin filled with cedar chips on the bottom, a heat lamp, a water tray, and a food tray.....

And now we will wait until morning........

HAPPY EASTER!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My grandkids are the smartest, cutest, sweetest kids on the earth!! I love the look of wonder on their sweet faces!!!

Lee Ann said...

Oh my goodness that is such a cute idea. I love it!

Deanna said...

so are those just regular eggs you eat then you go and pick up some chicks easter morning?