Saturday, May 26, 2007

Camping at Lucky Peak

Well, we went camping for the first time this season. Spur of the moment, of course, we packed up the truck and boat and went down to Lucky Peak. We launched the boat, filled with all the camping gear, and drove down the reservoir until we found a nice sandy beach cove to pitch our tent.

All was going well until H rubbed her little hand across the old wooden dock and received a dozen splinters in the palm of her hand and fingers. Oh the drama! She was crying, moaning, and fussing for the next 10 minutes. Then she found a "cute rock" in the sand and forgot all about her splinters.

Daddy made a campfire and we roasted marshmellows. The kids continued playing in the sand while Daddy and I unloaded the masses of "camping stuff" from the boat. We got the kids ready for bed, and soon realized that we didn't have enough blankets to keep warm. My bad.... I really thought I had brought enough, but to no avail.... We tried sleeping, but finally realized it was only going to get colder.

So after the kids were asleep, Hubby and I snuck out of the tent and attempted to re-pack the boat in the moonlight! I think we got everything, including the kids... We drove the boat back to the dock and loaded it onto the boat trailer. Then we drove home, arriving at 2:15 am.

Well, at least it started out fun! And lots of lessons were learned for next time... :)

No comments: